Global Outreach Generalist (part-time)
CURE International has an exciting part-time opportunity as a Global Outreach Generalist at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Global Outreach Generalist assists in mobilizing visitors (volunteers) to and from CURE hospitals as the first point of contact for new inquiries. The Global Outreach Generalist will be responsible for administrative duties and support the Global Outreach office in monthly recurring tasks.
- Provide quality customer service to all program inquiries and participants by responding in a timely manner to emails, regular mail and telephone calls.
- Assist in the initial screening of potential travelers using CURE’s standard volunteer procedure. Conduct background checks and process paperwork.
- Track and process all incoming Global Outreach documents from volunteers (forms, checks, etc.) within one week of receiving them and maintain accurate records through Salesforce.
- Prepare letters (visas, humanitarian) and send mailings (pre-trip packets, certificates) for volunteers.
- Read and respond (as needed) to volunteer evaluations on a monthly basis and run a monthly volunteer evaluation report to share at the weekly Global Outreach Office meetings.
- Track and report monthly/annual reports volunteer demographics.
- Routinely review and update, as needed, country specific documents provided to travelers.
- Assist with specific projects to advance the Standards of Excellence in Short-Term Missions.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of administrative/clerical experience in a professional office environment.
- Previous experience in a non-profit, service organization preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated passion for international missions and an interest in global learning.
- Customer service-oriented with strong relational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (telephone and e-mail in particular).
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills and ability to effectively plan in complex situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer proficiency using software applications such as G Suite, Salesforce, and JazzHR.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.