CURE is seeking candidates for an exceptional opportunity for a Human Resources ( HR) Benefits Specialist at its Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Under the direction of the Head of People & Culture, the HR Benefits Specialist manages all functions associated with the administration of the CURE co-worker benefits program, including but not limited to: health insurance, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(b) plan, workers compensation claims, flexible spending account plans, and employee assistance program (EAP).
The HR Benefits Specialist ensures compliance with and reporting requirements as mandated by state and federal laws. This position also serves as the primary coordinator for the organization's human resources information system (HRIS) and provides administrative support to the HR function as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Administer and manage employee benefit plans, including but not limited to medical/dental/vision plans, flexible spending accounts,403(b) retirement plans, short-term/long-term disability, and workers compensation claims and leave requests.
- Coordinate the annual open enrollment period during the fourth quarter of each calendar year.
- Acts as a liaison between co-workers and insurance providers to resolve benefit-related problems and ensure effective plan utilization.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate recordkeeping and proper deductions.
- Counsels new co-workers (and potential candidates) on benefit plans and enrollment provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Audits and approves monthly billings from insurance providers.
- Acts as the COBRA administrator for the organization.
- Manage the maintenance of personnel files and I-9's for compliance.
- Assists with preparation of plans, policies, documents, and reports, including EEO-1 and
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements and best practices in the efficiency of the department and services performed, ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Administers bi-monthly payroll for MSC co-workers (non-exempt and exempt) and monthly payroll for field co-workers.
- Prepares expense reimbursements for wire transfers and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Processes co-worker compensation changes.
- Works in conjunction with the finance department to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations.
- Performs year-end responsibilities to include W-2 verification.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Coordinates entry of data into the system troubleshoots system issues and identifies and implements ways in which the functionalities of the system can be fully utilized.
- Maintains human resources information system (HRIS) records. Runs any required audits and compiles reports from the database.
- Assist hospital HR Managers with questions regarding the HRIS.
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS/EDUCATION NEEDED
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years human resources experience including administering benefit plans in the health and welfare arenas.
- Deep understanding of compliance.
- Knowledge of a variety of human resources principles, practices, training, employee relations, and compliance including, but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Experience administering compensation through a payroll vendor.
- Computer skills and the ability to learn the HRIS system.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs, and third-party recordkeeping/administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.