CURE International has an exciting opportunity as a Copywriter at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Working closely with the Senior Writer/Editor, the Copywriter supports the needs of the organization and is primarily responsible for creating content and crafting communications for each CURE hospital and CURE International. This role will work closely with hospital communication teams to prepare relevant content that effectively communicates CURE’s mission to multiple audiences. A remote option may be considered for the right candidate.
- Proofread and support the publishing of multiple articles on a weekly basis for hospital websites, cure.org, and social media.
- Develop content for CURE hospital annual reports, brochures, and related collateral.
- Review, edit, and publish CUREkid profiles to ensure quality and consistency.
- Support the advancement team with copywriting and proofreading of marketing materials, emails, fundraising campaigns, donor reports, and general communications collateral.
- Prepare and help shape longer-form patient impact stories that captivate the essence of CURE’s mission.
- Support and coordinate the execution of the Editorial Calendar.
- Edit, proofread, and ensure brand guidelines and standards are strictly adhered to.
- B.A. or B.S. in Journalism, English or Communications
- Minimum five (5) years of professional writing experience
- Previous work with nonprofit donor communications preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent editorial and copywriting skills
- Project management skills
- Creative storytelling abilities
- Familiarity with a content management system is preferred
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.