At CURE, we believe employee experience is vital to our mission and vision. We strive to be a workplace where people are happy and passionately committed to their work. We are excited to announce a new role to help further our commitment to make CURE the best place to work!
CURE is seeking an exceptional Employee Success Program Manager at its Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This role will serve as a member of the Human Resources team and focus on being the champion of the CURE co-worker experience (CURE Care), acting as a resource to CURE co-workers to equip them for ministry effectiveness through spiritual, emotional, and cultural support.
The Employee Success Program Manager will work in conjunction with other functional areas within CURE for preparing, equipping, and empowering MSC field co-worker (and their families) for effective and sustainable life, ministry and work. In addition, The Employee Success Program Manager will lead the training and assimilation of new co-workers, ensuring they have a strong understanding and connection to the CURE’s mission, vision, and culture starting from day one.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Training & Development
- Work with the HR team to determine organizational training needs and to establish programs. This would include mandatory state and federal requirements, needs identified by CURE, and ongoing co-worker professional development.
- Assign and track training program completion and measure/evaluate the co-worker experience through surveys and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Working closely with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers, assist in planning, crafting, and curating innovative new hire experiences that positively impact co-worker satisfaction and retention.
- In coordination with the HR team, facilitate initiatives that support the ongoing standardization of the HR function for the network.
- Implement, measure effectiveness, and refine the CURE Care program for MSC field co-workers.
- Communicate and consistently check in with new MSC field co-workers and their families throughout all phases of their employment in order to identify resources to ensure a successful experience.
- Provide general guidance, encouragement, and prayer support as needed.
- Collaborate with the Chief Program Officer and MSC Human Resources on appropriate responses to field co-workers (and their family members) who find themselves in crisis situations. This may include in-house debriefing, as well as referrals to external debriefing programs.
- Research, develop & execute CURE Care programs for MSC & field co-workers. Programs for field co-workers will be developed in coordination with hospital HR Managers.
- Establish strategic partnerships for CURE Care initiatives, e.g. spiritual, counseling, medical, and cultural training and support.
Employee Engagement, Recognition, and Quality of Work Life
- Define and execute a recognition program for MSC co-workers.
- Work with the Head of People & Culture to identify and address issues and solutions related to employee engagement (culture, performance).
- Identify opportunities for CURE co-workers to engage in the advancement of the communities in which CURE is located.
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS/EDUCATION NEEDED
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, management, or related field (required). Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of program development and management experience.
- 1-3 years of direct experience working in a human resources context.
- Previous experience living and working in an international setting (esp. developing world).
- Cross-cultural competency certification.
- Previous experience in coaching, training, or teaching.
- Excellent program, project, and process management skills (complexity, high degree of risk, resource management).
- Demonstrated maturity in the Christian faith
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.